Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is a vibrant, innovative and multi-award winning university. Our focus on employability, leadership and responsibility enables our graduates to excel both locally and internationally. We carry forward a tradition of widening access for talented individuals regardless of their backgrounds.
GCU has three academic schools offering high quality teaching, innovative facilities and specialist areas of study. GCU has a strong international reputation for:
- high-quality undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA programmes
- world-leading research, consultancy and training services
- largest provider of nursing and midwifery education
- experts in renewables, energy and construction
- leading provider of management, business, law and social science education.
Outstanding student experience
Our 17,000 students come from over 100 countries and a range of backgrounds to study in our city-centre based campus. Benefiting from small class sizes, our programmes are ideal for working on group projects and with industry experts. GCU’s friendly campus community offers:
the award-winning Saltire Centre with large academic library
lecturing and support staff who operate an open-door policy
opportunities to study abroad or as part of a global exchange
representation from the GCU Student Association
all the on-campus facilities you need including accommodation and health and fitness.
GCU is a globally-networked university. We are committed to providing our students with the experience they need to graduate as global citizens. Our international outlook includes:
- award-winning international student experience
- a postgraduate campus GCU London and nursing college in Bangladesh
- partnerships in China, India, South America and Oman
- opportunities to study abroad and student exchange support.
GCU works very closely with private and public sectors and many of the companies we deal with are world leaders in their field. Our degree courses are designed to be career-focussed and drive innovation by harnessing the latest technologies and expertise. GCU strives to continuously strengthen our business relationships by offering:
- consultancy and customised training from GCU Business
- private, public and third sector industry support from the GCU Business Academies
- and by generating £444m for Scotland's economy every year