As part of our commitment to helping students aged 16-19 during the COVID-19 crisis, UK University & Apprenticeship Search are proud to bring you Webinar Wednesdays. In the absence of open days and events each session will provide expert information from universities and apprenticeship representatives to help students make the right decisions and perfect their applications. Each webinar will feature a Question and Answer session to provide students with the opportunity to gain personalised advice. Use the links below to sign up as soon as you can as places are limited and very popular.
8 July - Studying Art and Design: Portfolio Advice
- Thinking about studying art and design at university? Don’t miss this special focus session led by the University for the Creative Arts who will be taking you through all their tips and tricks to create the perfect portfolio. They’ll also be on-hand to answer all your questions about applications, interviews and why studying creative arts at degree level could be perfect for you.
Presented by: University for the Creative Arts
Each webinar will be available on Zoom and live-streamed on our YouTube; so you'll never miss out.
WATCH OUR PREVIOUS WEBINARS
You can also watch our previous webinars. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
Student Life: 2020 Freshers
- Preparing to head to university this September, or thinking about going in 2021? Join us as we talk about Student Life! We'll be discussing freshers’ week, what to pack, moving in with new housemates and dealing with homesickness. Plus we’ll be considering the changes we might see to your student experience both this year and next year, from what first term could look like under social distancing, to how online learning could work alongside lectures and seminars.
- Q&A Session - Our panel will be answering your questions live too.
Presented by: Teesside University, Bangor University, University of East London and University of Law.
Clearing and 2020 Admissions
- A special focus session for students starting university this September, led by the University of East Anglia. With Results Day on 13th August coming around the corner fast, this talk is about how to secure a place through Clearing or Adjustment if your calculated grades aren’t quite what you expected. This webinar also goes through what changes we may see in the admissions process this year.
Presented by: University of East Anglia (UEA)
Studying around the UK
- This bumper panel session explores what it’s like to study in different cities and regions around the UK. From London to Manchester to Scotland panelists take you on a tour of the country and speak about what their university has to offer. If you’re still thinking about where you might like to study, then don’t miss this opportunity to explore all the choices available around the UK.
Presented by: Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Hertfordshire, University of Suffolk, University of Glasgow, University of Huddersfield, and University of Roehampton.
Choosing a University - How to Make the Right Choice at the Current Time
- A panel session with four institutions from across the UK as we discuss choosing the right university for you. We'll be exploring how to choose a course, considering locations, breaking down the different higher education groups and guiding you through how virtual events, online support and social media can help you narrow down your options.
Presented by: University of Glasgow, Northern School of Art, University of Huddersfield & University of Winchester.
Applying for University – UCAS Personal Statement Advice
- A jam-packed webinar full of advice about how to craft the perfect UCAS personal statement, and ensure you stand out. We'll be exploring how to structure your statement, as well as tips about what to include (and what not to). If you've been unable to carry out extra-curriculars or work experience due to COVID-19, join us as we talk through what to do next.
Presented by: University of Roehampton
Student Finance – Loans, Scholarships and Bursaries
- This webinar is dedicated to Student Finance. It breaks down the finance system, how to apply, and what you'll be expected to pay back. This is also a great opportunity to find out more about scholarships, bursaries, and additional support universities can provide.
Presented by: University of Kent
Why Choose an Apprenticeship? – Find out More about the Benefits of Apprenticeships
- Join us for a special webinar dedicated to exploring apprenticeships. We'll be discussing the different apprenticeship levels and which one might be right for you, including Higher & Degree apprenticeships. Our experts will also talk your through how to apply, the advantages of working whilst studying, and the fantastic range of career options available.
- Q&A Session – Our panel of apprenticeship experts will be answering your questions.
Presented by: PwC and Pearson College London.
Life at University - Explore Life as an Undergraduate Student
- This panel session is with four institutions from across the UK who discuss life as an undergraduate student. Topics include, applying for and choosing your accommodation, how to budget and look after your finances, balancing studying with your social life, and getting involved in extra-curriculars such as societies and sports. Our experts are also on-hand to point you towards additional support to help you make decisions about your future.
Presented by: University of Kent, University of Bradford, University of Roehampton & University of Wales: Trinity St David.
Applying for University: UCAS Personal Statement
- Following the success of our first personal statement webinar, we’re back with lots more advice and a brand new session for you. The University of Law will be taking you through all of their tips for how to craft the perfect personal statement, how to structure, what to include, and when to start writing. They’ll also be ready to answer all your questions, so don’t miss another chance to get the answers you need to make sure your personal statement stands out from the crowd.
Presented by: University of Law